Tuesday 9 March 2021

SITTING ON THE BACKSEAT - GETTING THINNER?

So, do you remember this?

HUGO AND HOLLY

Right. Then think about it and then think about an alternative - sitting on my backside - getting fatter.

On our Rakiura Stewart Island trip we did a lot of walking - even more than usual and I managed to lose a couple of kilos. This wasn't the plan as I've long ago given up the idea of being as skinny as I was in my twenties.



1979

I'm not obese and, given the limitations of a medical event and a dodgy knee, I try to keep reasonably fit by going on 3 to 5 km walks four times a week, playing tennis twice a week and trying to play 9 holes of golf a couple of times a week.

All good.

But .... last Friday I stupidly climbed up on a high stone fence to take some photographs and, even more stupidly, jumped down afterwards and munted my right foot.

I've had it strapped up and have used cold compress pads but haven't been to the doctors. I pretty much know that if I go they will say it's a double sprain and I should - strap it up and use cold compress pads. This way I save the doctors, ACC and myself a lot of time, cost and trouble.

The annoying thing though is that, being sensible (The Old Girl is up here and is keeping a beady eye on me) I haven't walked and  played golf and tennis for four days!

I'm getting fatter.






3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I've still got those big black underpants if you want to borrow them.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Look, I know that I said I've put on weight but .........

Richard (of RBB) said...

Just trying to help.