Monday 8 March 2021

WORDS LIKE WOT I WROTE

 



We subscribe to the NZ Listener, that excellent weekly magazine that Robert eschews and scorns. I like it for the weekly political, social, literary and other columns but particularly for the crosswords, the code cracker and the Sudoku puzzles. I occasionally put in an entry for the caption contest for which I've won once and had some runner-ups but generally this disappoints because the judge of that defaults to low-brow captions.

I particularly like the Wordsworth column which is a literary competition setting readers a different challenge each week. I don't contribute regularly but I've had some honorary mentions and this week my contribution was the winner.


This might spur me on to contribute more often.

4 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Congratulations. The best man won meaning the others were plain silly.

Richard (of RBB) said...

That's a real Tony joke but well done.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, thanks Tony.
I wonder if I can use that other one of his - "How do you pick up girls?. First you have to push them over."

Oh and, "Taupo Taupo, kick them up the dorpo".

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No thanks to Robert for his comment though.