Friday 26 March 2021

"THOUGH I KNOW I'VE DONE NO WRONG - I FEEL GUILT"


 MARIANNE FAITHFULL - GUILT


"You just don't understand"  I said to The Old Girl today when explaining to her that eating breakfast cereals for lunch isn't exactly lunch - it's breakfast.

"I understand you well enough" she replied.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing" I asked.

"Well, it's bad for you she said with a steely look.


Oh no. What does this mean? Has she found out about my peccadillos? 


It's one thing being found out about a particular misdeed but The Old girl, and I guess, most women have the annoying habit of alluding to a lot of other things when having a conversation. As these things are never clearly defined you don't know if she really knows about certain things you've done or not. It really wouldn't do to say something like - "Oh, you mean when I ....." when she knows nothing about this.



2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

The thing I notice about women is detail. Men keep things short and to the point.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Speak for yourself.