Saturday 20 March 2021

BAM BAM WHAMMO!

While waiting for that new and interesting post* from Richard, here's a little post that I know he will appreciate. Richard likes to walk with his walking stick and he is a bit of a fantasist so here goes.


WALKING STICK - LEON REDBONE



When I go walking now, I take my hiking stick which The Old Girl, unkindly, refers to as my walking stick. I know that Richard has one of these (he used to have two but gave one away) as well. He showed it to me on a walk and painstakingly carefully explained how to use it for walking, looking cool and defending yourself from attacking dogs. When he said 'dogs' I knew that he really meant cows, fluffy rabbits, women and all the other things that he's afraid of.

When I walk through the bush on a lonely track I sometimes think of what I'd do if a monster leapt out of the bushes at me. BAM BAM WHAMMO!


OK, I too am a bit of a fantasist.


Anyway, here's something that will help.


HOW TO USE A WALKING STICK FOR SELF DEFENSE











* Oxymoronic I know

8 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Thanks for the self defence lesson.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I used the spelling 'defense' because the guy was American.

What's it like being a pedantic ex-school teacher anyway?

Richard (of RBB) said...

I was actually talking about the video. Time you got over being in 3P and popped into 3G. 🤣😂

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I think walking sticks are much cooler than other alternatives. If I had a sore knee I would use one.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

A sore knee can be arranged.

Richard (of RBB) said...

"A sore knee can be arranged." Just climb down banks at a golf course.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Or go for a bungy jump.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Looking for golf balls is cheaper.