Wednesday 17 March 2021

IT'S TOO DARN HOT

 I know you'll groan at the obvious music attachment but I like it, OK?

TOO DARN HOT - ELLA FITZGERALD

"According to the Kinsey report
Ev'ry average man you know
Much prefers to play his favorite sport
When the temperature is low
But when the thermometer goes way up
And the weather is sizzling hot
Mister Adam for his madam is not
Cause it's too too too darn hot
It's too darn hot
It's too darn hot"

It's a beautiful day here. I went for a nice long walk this morning (before it became too darn hot). After lunch I did some weeding in the garden and pulled a whole lot of that bloody convolvulus off the fences and trees where it's trying to get established again but .... I had to stop because - you guessed it - it was too darn hot.

I decided to go for a swim to freshen up which was great - I stayed in for ages before getting out and having a shower.  Beautiful.

I've now turned the TV on and am waiting for the live coverage of the America's Cup race(s). Now this I'm really looking forward to. I was a bit anti this competition over the last couple of years but once I watched the first race of the Prada Cup at Christmas I was hooked. Team New Zealand's (Emirates Team New Zealand) wins over the last couple of days have been possibly the greatest sporting events and turnaround for many years. Even detractors would have to admit that. Robert?

While waiting in the lounge I fired up the laptop as The Old Girl is working in the study and I've been banished. I thought I'd check the blogs (disappointing) and write a new post. I'm sitting at the dining table and have my back to the west-facing windows. It's nice with the afternoon sun coming in but - you guessed it again - it's too darn hot.

We took the curtains down a couple of weeks ago to do measurements for new blinds. The blinds have been ordered but will take  a few weeks to be made up.

I might have to turn on the new Mitsubishi heat pump and put it on the coldest setting.

I hope you are having a pleasant day.

GO TEAM NEW ZEALAND!

10 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Why is standing in the water so darn satisfying?
Watching the Americas Cup in still conditions is a bit like watching motor car racing when the cars have to go as far as they can on a gallon of gas!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yep, a detractor.

WELL DONE TEAM NEW ZEALAND!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Well done Team NZ!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Didn't Jesus stand in/on the water?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

And he had a cup - the holy grail.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

And the captain of his boat was also named Peter - we're getting somewhere here.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

If Robert hadn't disappeared from blogging he could possibly explain - or, at least, regurgitate what he has heard at mass.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Can one really regurgitate words? It would be smelly and undigested!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

regurgitate

1.
bring (swallowed food) up again to the mouth.

2.
repeat (information) without analysing or comprehending it.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Robert regurgitated the word 'regurgitate' as used in the comments on this blog.