Sunday 19 September 2021

"BECAUSE IT'S ALL ABOUT ME."

 You no doubt have heard that statement a lot since it seems to be so prevalent nowadays in the cheap and obnoxious form of news reporting that media has devolved into.

I get incensed at the way news organisations whether via print, television or the web take shortcuts in reporting and default to what some nosy bystander saw or think they saw and buy crappy videos and images from them. The rise of cellphone usage, the ones with megapixel cameras has a lot to answer for as well. It doesn't matter what the event, or supposed event is, there will be a news report featuring Ima Twatt from Eketahuna saying that her best friend's mum's cousin thought she heard a .... , saw a ...... , read that .... etc.

The latest to incense me is the disgusting and invasive journalism over the tragic deaths of three little girls in Timaru. It took no time for newspapers and TV news to unearth heartbreaking photographs of the girls, the parents and the family as a once happy unit. Where did they get the images from? I don't know - probably from the individuals Facebook pages.

Today I read on NZ Herald this:

NZ HERALD LINK

"I am shattered. I don't know what to do but I am shattered," the Dickason's former domestic worker Maria Mandy Sibanyoni told TimesLIVE.

Sibanyoni worked as the Dickason family's caregiver for three years.

"I have shared a lot of things with Lauren. Now I am shattered. I am not coping."

She said the family seemed to have an idyllic life, and she loved the three girls."

So, obviously The NZ Herald has picked up a link from some other bastard news service who tracked down this caregiver in South Africa for comment before the children's bodies were hardly cold. Bastards!

Why didn't this woman just tell them to fuck off? OK, she no doubt was in shock but, bloody hell, I would have put the phone down after telling the invasive scrotes where to go. I wouldn't have used the situation to make it 'all about me' by saying "I'm not coping". 


Sheesh!

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

A very sad story. There's a picture on the front of the Sunday paper that I thought was very inappropriate.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I guess it is part of living in a post Christian era where morals and God is denied.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I don't see what this has got to do with your god and christianity.
Morality, ethics, right and wrong - yes.