Wednesday 24 May 2023

STILL HERE - DON'T WORRY....

 



Hello readers.

I'm sorry for the RBB- like infrequency of posting but I've been incapacitated by pain and restriction of movement from a bad back (probably sciatica) which resulted from a stupid (the Old Girl's words) over-enthusiasm in brick-laying and paving stone replacement. Mea culpa (even the non - 3P guys know what that means by now).

The local medical centres and pharmacies  didn't want to know about my condition but my sister coincidentally called me to see how I was doing and when I told her about my back injury she said I should ask for Gabapentin, a nerve drug. After a stroke a few years ago I've been on a blood thinner medication that contra-acts with some pain relievers and muscle relaxants like Voltaren so when I do have back, knee or muscle pain it's difficult to immediately address it. This current situation is one of the worst I've experienced and made worse by being away from home. I've felt like Odysseus on an odyssey.


I went back to the local medical centres and pharmacies and asked for Gabapentin  but they still  didn't want to know about my condition citing the fact that I wasn't registered locally with a GP. Fortunately my sister is a GP and I have a medical history with her practice so she sent a prescription to a nearby pharmacy and I got my Gabapentin which I've been taking now for two days. The pain is still there (at times) but I can feel my back being 'freer' and can walk a bit better.

Today we went to Lyttelton for lunch and took a ferry out on the harbour (free with Gold Card) and basically had a good day. At first my back gave me gyp but later I felt OK. We had a good day. Tonight I'm relaxing with a glass of a good chardonnay (one that as a label on it) and tomorrow head off home. I should be able to get back into posting big time, having access to the study and the Mac computer so - hold onto your hats folks.






1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Hey, glad you're feeling better. Take care, my old friend.*

* I mean friend for a long time.