Saturday 13 May 2023

BRICKING IT

You were expecting it so here it is:



Regular readers will be aware of the drainage work that we had done at the top of the drive recently.

Look it up on previous posts - you won't be disappointed. Better still - here's a link: HERE IT IS

The work was completed within three days and finished a fortnight ago. I was all set to do the tidying up process of relaying the brickwork and the pavers where my trailer sits but .... Northland has had a couple of weeks of rain including the worst deluge for quite some time (including the devastating Cyclone Gabriel) and my efforts have been thwarted. I dug out gravel, levelled off where required and replaced bricks between downpours. It got so consistently bad that I was unable to do anything in the last week but today we had a break in the weather. Blue skies (almost) meant I was able to do and hang up three washing machine loads and complete the bricklaying. 

I went for it against the good advice from The Old Girl - "Do things in small bites Matey" as I wasn't sure how long the good weather might last. I beavered away for hours and afterwards felt buggered necessitating a soak in a hot bath with epsom salts. Epsom salts are magic. See: HERE

The hot bath worked well but today my back is so sore I can hardly move. This is a bummer as I need to collect my trailer from my sister's place and park it in the new spot.

Anyway - here are the update pics.












I'm not a bricklayer or even much of a handyman but I'm pleased with the result.

I bought a STIHL water blaster on Thursday and will use this to clean and tidy up the area to have it looking good for when The Old Girl returns.





Who says that my blog posts are boring?

6 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Great brick laying!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Boring?

NEVER!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Okay, maybe NEVER is a bit too long of a time span?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Boring?

Sometimes.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Sometimes?

Okay, quite often.



But I did like the brick laying.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Haven’t you got a gig to go to?