Tuesday 23 May 2023

WE DO BEG YOUR PARDON BUT WE'RE IN YOUR GARDEN

 


I love watching Bob Mortimer. His clever and understated humour is sublime. I hope that you watched this clip and agree.


In the house that we are borrowing (The Old Girl is house-sitting for 3 months) there is a large sloping garden surrounding the house. There are many windows in the house, all with mechanical blinds controlled by electronic remotes but in one of the downstairs bathrooms, even though there are floor to ceiling windows, there are no blinds. I guess this is because hedges and trees stop neighbours from looking in but the garden is fully visible from the bathroom and vice versa.



The more observant of you will notice that there is a bathtub positioned in front of the window providing a nice view out. This also provides a nice view in should anyone be standing in the garden.

Yesterday I was enjoying a nice soak in the bath - a hot one with Epsom salts as I have a bad back at present (Sciatica) when I saw someone in the garden. It was a man and he was moving closer to the house. That Bob Mortimer clip from 'Would I Lie To You' immediately came to mind and I wondered if the man was mumbling "I do beg your pardon but I am in your garden".

Eventually he spied me in the bath which fortunately has high sides so I was really just peeking over the edge and he waved. I feebly waved back.

It turned out that he was the gardener/landscaper that the owners have contracted and he was checking on the foliage growth.

Why do these things happen to me?



4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Well, you were silly enough to get into a bath beside a big window with no curtains.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I didn't expect The Spanish Inquisition.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Un cenno รจ buono come un occhiolino per un cieco.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Be careful how you spell "occhiolino".