Sunday 3 September 2023

HOME ALONE

 



The Old Girl's off to Auckland for a couple of weeks. It was to be one week but the friend that she plans to stay with has had to go to USA for a family bereavement and has asked T.O.G. if she would look after her house for at least an extra week.

Because of the extra week she is to fly down today instead of driving. As we only have one vehicle and are isolated, two weeks or more without a car for me is too long. I have given some thought to buying a motorbike but, as I have a history of falling off pushbikes this probably isn't a good idea.

As you know I'm quite used to 'baching' while she's away but I do prefer it when she's home.
The upside of course is that I can buy and eat all of the 'forbidden' things while she's not here.

World Cup rugby starts at the end of the coming week so beer and potato chips might be on the shopping list.

8 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Please hurry back Lynn!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

It also means that I get the study back with the my desktop computer which is easier to write blog posts on. Stay tuned!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Awake! Oops, I meant woke.

Sorry.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

That's alright.
My grandfather exhibited the same symptoms.

Richard (of RBB) said...

La mamma degli imbecilli รจ sempre incinta.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

La Mamma must have been Catholic.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Esattamente.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Gezhundheit!