Friday 22 September 2023

I'M ON THE BUS

 "I'm on the bus"

That's probably the most used text message that millions - maybe hundreds of millions of brain-dead individuals send out daily to friends, family members and probably random strangers.

WHAT A WASTE OF A USEFUL RESOURCE.


In my time, a fixed line telephone was the communication tool through the 1950s, 1960s, 1970s and 1980s with brick-like mobile phones starting to be used in the 1990s. Guess what? These were  used for speaking on - like a telephone.


In the 1980s, apart from international telephone lines (fixed) a way to communicate was by telex until the new-fangled fax machine came in. E-mail began in the 1990s. Texting didn't become available to the average consumer until the late 1990s.

Video messaging began in the 2000s and use of it via Skype, blogging and FaceTime is really only a decade old - for the average Joe anyway.

Here's an average Joe: 

HI!


Fuck!

Decades of creativity, investment, trial, success, promotion and adoption has gone into creating a platform for the most inane messaging to be sent by 'wits'.

Well, I'm at my 'wit's' end. "Bring back Chloe" I say.


"Pronto"


In case you missed it first time around.



6 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Bitter.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Ah, TC, you're a character!
I know you really loved my short post! Bless you!

Richard (of The Bass Bag That Responds Like A Christian)

Richard (of RBB) said...

No posts. Well, you've obviously been kicked out of the office.

Richard (of RBB I told you so)

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Maybe he's on the bus.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Yes, maybe.

Richard (of Richard's Bus Bag)

Richard (of RBB) said...

How's the proofreading course going?