Monday 4 September 2023

HAVE YOU HEARD THE GOOD NEWS?

 


Sorry, not that.


This:



One good thing about The Old Girl being away is that I can reclaim the study to use when writing blog posts.

While she has her set up on one side of the study ...


... and I have mine on the other ...



... if I use the desktop Apple when she's working she complains that I make too much noise like punching the keyboard too hard, rustling paper, rattling things and ... breathing! Sheesh!

I prefer to use the desktop computer because the screen is larger (27") and I have access to stored photographs and files on it.

The laptop Apple that I use in the lounge when I'm booted out of the study is adequate - it is after all newer and has a better operating system - but the screen is smaller and writing blog posts in the lounge doesn't have the gravitas that 'working' in the study has.


The good news mentioned in the title is that I will  be using the study for two weeks which will enable me to write many, many more posts.



No need to thank me.

I'll  be able to refresh the interview series, write a new 'Things You Didn't Know Were True', educate Robert via The Religious Curmudgeon and update some other series - oh, and I promised a follow up to the 'wallpaper' post.

Stay tuned.

10 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Look, I'm really pleased for you and look forward to most of the posts. However, I do have one small, tiny, minute request.



Please not a wallpaper series!

Please, please!

Anonymous said...

OK, it’s a deal.
I’ve started a new ‘Interview’ one but have to go out on an errand. I’ll completer it later.

TC.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yesser, I'll er completer it by wrtering it onner the computer.









Lynn's pedantic like you over spelling and grammar errors and she's an ex-schoolteacher(er) too.

Richard (of RBB) said...

There's not much point in you having the office if you're not banging out posts.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Sorry, I've been busy doing other things but I'll make up for it later.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Just popped by. Nothing happening here.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Still nothing.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Do you nag Shelley like that?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Sometimes. When it's needed.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

OK, tell her that I'll be a support witness at her future trial.