Sunday 17 September 2023

LOOKING OUT MY WINDOW



It's another cracker of a day up here like yesterday. Blue sky, sunshine, no wind or rain and it's much warmer than its been for a while.

Did I say no wind? Well, it's calm and there's no wind unlike Wellington which apparently is windy today.



Actually, Wellington is windy most days which is why they had a special sign made up.


Richard won't be going outside today because it's windy. He's afraid of wind.


He's also afraid of cows, heights, flying, cats, Confession, sensible shoes and banjos but those are all other stories on their own.


I must confess that I won't be going outside today either. Even though it's a lovely day, yesterday I mowed the lawn and weeded the front section for a while and managed to hurt my hip all over again. Here's something about tendinosis for you to read since you show no interest in half bottles of wine:


Tendinosis symptoms

Tendinosis refers to hardening, thickening, and scarring of the tendons. This causes pain and a loss of flexibility in the joint.

Common symptoms of tendinosis are:
  • localized burning pain and swelling around the tendon
  • pain that gets worse during and after activity
  • stiffness in the joint
  • restricted joint movement
  • pain that persists for several months.
The Old Girl, when I showed this to her pointed out to the second symptom and said "I told you so". That's why I'm staying inside today.

Apparently this could last for 6 months but I have to take things easy. This is frustrating because I'd like to go walking, golfing and to play tennis but will have to miss these for a while.

The wrath of The Old Girl is worse though so I will take it easy.



4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

You poor old fellow!
Take it easy.

Richard (of RBB)

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Take it easy. That’s a good title for a song.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Damn! The Eagles beat me to it.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Good joke there!



NOT





Richard (of RBB)