Saturday 2 September 2023

RUGBY'S THE WINNER ...

  .... but I hope that The All Blacks are the real winners in the upcoming 2023 Rugby World Cup.  For the uninitiated this is a sporting competition where grown men run about on a field chasing a silly ball instead of praying at Mass, cooking for their families and cleaning toilets. And that goes for those who watch it according to Robert.


Oh well, I'm not much good at cleaning toilets - ask The Old Girl.

I just signed up for the Sky Sport's deal now that we've bought a TV that can get Sky Sport ('my' tv was apparently too old to access TVNZ and Sky Sport so we had to buy a new one and give away the otherwise still functioning LG 48" tv).


This will keep me out of The Old Girl's hair (and away from toilet-cleaning duties) for seven weeks starting next Friday.

Go the All Blacks!

5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Go all those time out referees!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yep, I hear you.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Northern European refs who can't make a decision without TMO are the norm over there.

I wonder what Robert thinks .... best to check with him tomorrow after he's got his weekly instructions from the sermon?

Richard (of RBB) said...

I think they're pretty busy at church dealing with trans people. Though Fr. Patrick will be havin' a laugh.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I wonder what the Vatican will be promulgating to the Catholic churches when the LGBQT thing becomes old hat? Maybe they'll pick on bloggers.