Tuesday 26 September 2023

SWINES PORTENT*

Sorry - I was playing around with anagrams - I meant Winston Peters.





New Zealand First is likely to be back in Parliament after the election, and its leader, Winston Peters, will be in a position to decide who gets to form the next Government - almost certainly National.

So this long-past-the-use-by-date politician might be back in the trough playing his annoying stalling and disruption games. Oh joy!

That fool Luxon, although I'm sure he knows better, has said that he will ask Peters to help form a government if National needs it. This is definitely a portent for the future - an indication of what Luxon and his weak-willed cronies have in store for us should they - and it looks increasingly likely - be the next government.

I'm pleased that Hipkins said outright that Labour would not consider Peters as a coalition partner - not that Peters would support Labour anyway (although the guy is an ego-maniac and relishes his 'kingmaker status). That pleases me but it looks like it won't matter other than him being able to say "I told you so".











3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

'kingmaker' status.

Spot the difference?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I was going to remove a cartoon from my next post but I think I'll leave it in now.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Thanks.