Sunday 15 October 2023

EATING TIPS #2

 It's Sunday morning - early and I've just watched the first quarter final. Argentina, against expectations beat Wales in a very thrilling match.

It's now just after 6am and still way earlier than I normally get up. The Old Girl is still in bed so .....fry-up!

On occasions like this I cook and eat food that normally I don't feel like eating or am not allowed to eat. 'In the day' this might have been a classic English breakfast - fried bread, fried egg, bacon, sausage, hash-brown etc. but this morning I'll limit it to one hash-brown and a poached egg on toast. This will be good though - I baked a wholemeal loaf and a fruit loaf yesterday.


I'm looking forward to this and with luck can cook, eat it and clear up afterwards before The Old Girl surfaces*.





* This is Eating Tip #2. When eating things that you really shouldn't be eating, make sure to get rid of the evidence.

Nothing to see here



2 comments:

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Woo-hoo!
I can breathe again. New Zealand scraped through to beat Ireland in the quarter final.
What a match. Robert will be kicking himself now that he went to Mass and missed it.
I'm celebrating with a cup of tea and a toasted slice of raisin bread.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Yes! What a match!