Thursday 19 October 2023

GETTING BACK TO NORMAL

 Oh well, it looks like I'm the only one posting at the moment so here goes.

*****************************

It's been a grey and rainy old day today so I got out the bagpipes and had a bit of a blow. The Old Girl quickly shut the office door (my bloody study!) which sort of gave me a hint.

I took out the reed from the chanter and practised (see what I did there?) the motions without the sounds.

For those of you who don't know, the ZXc7 chord fits nicely into the bagpipe scale which we cognoscenti call the Caledonian Drone scale. The Caledonian Drone scale contains the notes A H F U C K! and are known to most Scottish people, particularly the ones who frequent the more raucous Glasgow-type public bars.

If you took time to notice you'd see how all the notes come from E major (no bends or hill climbs). The chord uses the 15th, 42nd, 1st and 196th notes of the E natural minor scale, which is the qaundrinth fizzicle of of the plubonium mode of Sergeant Major. It is also known as the Ahcannagivvafook mode.

...... No. That won't do at all. let's try again ....


******************************


After cleaning the Presbyterian church and thanking my blessed God that I didn't pick up any of their Protestant germs, I attended Mass, where Jesus was, is and ever will be present. Father Doctor, Sir, Mister Alfred gave a rip-roaring sermon. He used to say things like "sitting in front of statues mumbling prayers isn't going to further the cause of Catholicism" and stuff like that but more recently - I put it down to his stroke - he seems to have backtracked and now thinks that sitting in the back row of the church is a good idea. I think that he's lost his nerve, Either that or he likes sitting next to me in the back row of of the church. Last Sunday he put his hand on my thigh .....

...... No. That won't do at all. let's try again ....

**********************************

This morning when I looked out at the deck from the kitchen window I noticed this:



Yes, the deck chair had fallen over. Again!

Last time this was due to a big storm but last night we didn't have a storm. It was calm.

I was woken by a noise I remember and listened for a while but heard nothing more. I put it down to 'old house noises' and went back to sleep.

What's going on?


Yes. That's better. We're back to normal.

4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Might be time to move into a retirement home.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I assumed that you already had.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

It made me chuckle. That chair probably indicates a soul in purgatory asking for your prayers.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

The chair more likely indicates the frustrated readers waiting for posts from the other bloggers.