Monday 30 October 2023

WEIRDO!

"But I'm a creep
I'm a weirdo ..."

           Radiohead - Creep 


"Weirdo!" said The Old Girl as she entered the kitchen this morning and looked over my shoulder to see what I was doing.

I was pouring some olive oil (Red Island extra virgin) onto my Weetbix after having already consumed a tablespoon full.

Why? Well, as I've been unable to play tennis, go golfing or do any strenuous walking for months due to the hip tendon tear I've put on some weight - 5 kilos. I haven't changed my diet and really don't want to. The other day I read on NZ Herald on-line that consuming two tablespoons of olive oil every morning for a month will reduce weight. "What the hell" I thought. "I like olive oil and I'd like to lose those 5 kilos so I'll give it a go." I started yesterday. Today, as I got the olive oil out of the pantry I looked around to make sure that The Old Girl wasn't around as I didn't want to have to explain this creepy behaviour. I didn't factor in the fact that she has an uncanny ability to zero in on any behaviour of mine that is out of the ordinary and that she moves stealthily like a Ninja hence - "Weirdo" as she looked over my shoulder.

It sounds horrible but olive oil, especially fresh extra virgin* oil has a nice flavour. I use it in cooking and as a salad dressing ingredient a lot. It goes down very easily so a month of this won't be difficult.

"I don't care if it hurts
I wanna have control
I want a perfect body
I want a perfect soul
I want you to notice
When I'm not around"

         Radiohead - Creep (again).


* 'Extra virgin' should appeal to Marianists, Collyridianists and Muslim martyrs alike.

No comments: