Wednesday 3 January 2024

HAPPY

 Richard, who doesn't understand the concept of curmudgeonalism said this in a comment on a recent post of mine:


What does he want? A happy curmudgeon .... hold on, hold on - I haven't created one of those. This could be a breakthrough. On the world-wide-web thingy there are many curmudgeon blogging sites that have obviously copied mine - some even having the effrontery to have started theirs first! I need to investigate this and maybe create one. Any name suggestions will be treated with the same respect that readers' suggestions have been given in the past.

Meanwhile, I've had a great couple of days and am happy. We are sharing a bottle of Champagne - Veuve Rozier - which is delightful and will soon have dinner (nutmeat cottage pie). The late afternoon sun is shining through the kitchen windows and the water in the bay is like a millpond . The sky is blue and with no breeze it's still warm outside. 

I played 7 holes of golf in the late afternoon with a score of 27 - one over par. I haven't played that well for years.

Yesterday at tennis I played very well being able to move about freely and run for shots that I've been unable to do since before I damaged my hip tendon doing the glacier walks. I guess that the physio is working.

The Old Girl has apparently had a good day as well as she just asked me who sung that song 'A Perfect Day'. I told her that it was Lou Reed and conjured it up on my laptop and we listened to it. I've used this Lou Reed song in posts before - well, why not - here's one: PERFECT DAY #1

Talking of The Old Girl - I was, keep up - she has a video clip of her dancing in the snow in Canada as part of her company's Christmas video. This was in 2013 and the video, used the song 'Happy' by Pharrell Williams. This was tremendous but the company took it down from YouTube probably because of copyright issues. I've asked her to forward this to me (to my laptop in the lounge) and this can be the centrepiece of the new 'Happy' Curmudgeon blog or whatever you readers can suggest.

Keep posted!

1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

No need to thank me for the inspiration.

Okay, you can if you want.