Friday 26 January 2024

**NEW SERIES** - THE CURMUDGEON'S MOST EMBARRASSING EXPERIENCES

Richard of Richard's Bass Bag (don't ask) in recent posts made an attempt at writing post series- see: HERE and HERE

If you had the misfortune of reading these you'd have discovered that he really doesn't know what he's doing. I guess that cognitive degeneration is a news thing at present as per the performances of Biden and Trump who laughingly refer to themselves as being leaders of the 'Free World' so why shouldn't Richard be on that particular bandwagon.

Richard's bandwagon

Anyway, somewhere in his posts or comments he lamented that The Curmudgeon isn't writing enough post series. This of course took me by surprise but I admit that, given the reading, comprehension and memory skills of this blog's readers (2) maybe they need to be entertained with fresh material so here goes:

**NEW SERIES** - THE CURMUDGEON'S MOST EMBARRASSING EXPERIENCES

Number one - At the Saint Mary's College school dance 1969.

The Curmudgeon had, with his mother's assistance, purchased a new suit for the 'school dance season' and looked pretty darned spiffy with a bit of gel in his (then) full head of curly hair and smelled good too having freshly bathed and applied a smidgeon of his older sister's perfume to his underarms and his nether regions. He looked good in the suit, having a fit and trim body, well-tuned from his activities on the athletics team and, having taken off his spectacles and put them in his pocket he squintingly could see himself as a James Dean character in the bathroom mirror.

The Curmudgeon took the bus to Thorndon for the dance where The Avengers were playing and after paying polite greetings to friends and schoolmates (silently wishing that they would bugger off) he went on the school dance prowl to select a victim  partner for a dance. He lucked out straight away, hooking up with Angela  from Miramar*.

Things were going well. Pleasantries were exchanged, smiles shared and covert ogling engaged in until ... disaster struck. The Curmudgeon .....


No. I think that we'll leave that there. Richard and Robert have said before that they aren't interested in my reminiscences.

"I'm not interested in your reminiscences." said Richard.

"I try not to be concerned about how I appear in other's eyes." said Robert.

I guess that we won't be having a THE CURMUDGEON'S MOST EMBARRASSING EXPERIENCES series so we'll just hush.






* Which was one of those connectivity coincidence things as, the next year his girlfriend was Helen who was best friends with Angela and, the year after that he went out with Gemma who was Angela's younger sister. Go figure.


2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I think we're dealing with a chick magnet here. I suspect his stories have got better with age. Hey, he probably gladly drank chilled red wine back then.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I've got better with age.
Well, mentally I think. I doubt if I'd be the 'chick magnet' I was if I went to a school dance nowadays.
Mind you, it might get me free board and lodging for a month if I did.