Friday 12 January 2024

2023 - WHAT A YEAR THAT WAS

 I'm surprised that I haven't done this before given that readers of this blog like statistics and graphs so much.

A graph


I decided to look at all the posts (by The Curmudgeon only) during 2023 and selected the ones with the highest number of comments and counterbalanced that with the posts that received no comments at all.

I know that it's a shock to you that one of my posts would receive no comments and, I must admit I'm still recovering (with a glass of 'Fat 'n' Sassy chardonnay) having discovered that there were 8 of them!

There were two posts that received 15 comments each:



Now I won't say that these were the best posts of the year but oddly they were the ones that received most comments. Go figure (actually that's been done - it was 15).


As I said, there were 8 posts that received no comments at all. These were:

I'M SORRY BUT ...

A SAD THING

LIFE IMITATING ART

TAKE ME BACK

JUST TO HAND

GUTLESS BASTARDS

WEIRDO

DOING A ROBERT


NO COMMENTS!

Sorry about the caps.

Well, admittedly a few of those might be classed as 'fillers' as Richard scathingly attributes them but hey! There were a couple of good ones there.


I'm not a needy blogger like Richard, who gets all anxious when no-one comments on his withering and who then writes dozens of comments under his own various aliases like Donald Trump used to do when currying favour from magazine and newspaper publications but, it would be nice to know that someone bloody well read the things.


Sheesh!

From the short - very short - list of 'non comment posts' above, the ones that I think were more deserving were 'Life imitating art', 'Take me back' and 'Weirdo'.

Feel free to make your own minds up though.

5 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Sometimes, for us lesser mortals, it is hard to think of a comment.
Sometimes it is just better to not comment than write something that might offend.
Sometimes the proportion of posts to free time to read them all is just too great.
Sometimes the subject matter is just too esoteric; meaning outside the readers area of experience (eg marketing).

Richard (of RBB) said...

Sometimes it's the grammar.
Read your last sentence in your comment.

Richard (of RBB) said...

"reader's"

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Grammarians can't see the wood for the trees.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Or, 'grandmarian's cunt see the would four the tree's'.