Tuesday 23 January 2024

WHAT DO THESE TWO JOKERS HAVE IN COMMON?

 I've noticed similarities in writing and presentation styles of these two guys as time has marched on and cognitive abilities have slipped.







Now, no-one could ever say that what they said was interesting or made much sense but, believe it or not, they've both got much worse.

Here are some examples from recent witterings:

 Trump:
Last night, I was honored to receive the endorsement of a man who has become a true leader and earned the admiration of so many patriots. I’ve been a friend of his, even though we were competing against each other, but I was a friend of his and we got along. He was saying, “He’s a great president.” I kept saying, “Why is he running? He keeps calling me a great president.” He’s a fantastic guy, a very smart guy. He’s got some tremendous ideas. He’s young and he’s got some young ideas too, and that’s a good thing. So he has a big, beautiful, bright future ahead. Vivek Ramaswamy. Come on up, Vivek.

Richard:
When practising the violin, thoughtful practice will really speed things up. Two obvious essentials are tone production and playing in tune. These are affected by how you hold the bow and the violin. Playing 'in time' is also very important.
When I'm practising, I work to a plan of 12 things that will really help my improvising. 12 things that I have learnt over a lifetime of study. The first thing to know that there are 5 chord types in music - major, minor, dominant 7th, augmented and diminished.

Trump:
There are two genders in this country, period. That is the truth. Fossil fuels are a requirement for human prosperity. Drill, frack, burn coal, embrace nuclear energy. Reverse racism isn’t racism, and open border is not a border. Parents determine the education of their children. The nuclear family is the greatest form of governance known to mankind. Capitalism lifts us up from poverty. There are three branches of government in the United States, not four. The US Constitution is the strongest and greatest guarantor of freedom in human history. That is the truth. We fight for the truth.

Richard:
The 12 things I'm talking about relate to playing over these chords. In my practice plan I try to work on 3 of these things every day. I use this cycle - 1, 5, 9........2, 6, 10........3, 7, 11........4, 8, 12. For me, 1 and 12 are very important ones. To get 12 really working requires a bit of study.
The thing to notice is that there are six pairs of dominant 7th chords where each 3 - 7 chord in a pair uses the same two notes.
I'm tempted to do a post series on these 12 practice essentials. Though who would really be interested?


Trump:

These people are disgraceful. They’re a disgrace to our country. I want to just leave this. We are going to win on Tuesday at a level that maybe could even be bigger than what we just did last night in Iowa. And the greatest expression of all time, I think the greatest slogan, whatever you want to call it, it’s called Make America Great Again. It’s called MAGA. It’s the greatest of all time. We are going to put America first and we are going to make America great again. Thank you very much everybody. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you very much everybody.


Richard:

I found this.
He said to them, "Thus says yhwh, the God of Israel: Each of you put sword on thigh, go back and forth from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay sibling, neighbor, and kin." The men of Levi did as Moses had bidden; and some three thousand of the people fell that day. And Moses said, "Dedicate yourselves to yhwh this day—for each of you has been against blood relations—that [God] may bestow a blessing upon you today."
Exodus 32:26-28
Any thoughts?




Well, yes quite frankly - I do have thoughts. I think that Richard should take the Montreal Cognitive Assessment that Trump did and, according to him 'aced'.

Trump was able to identify a whale in a line-up of a whale, a tiger and a giraffe, and previously to remember person, woman, man, camera TV.

Now I do think that Richard could also 'ace' the tests although he might struggle on the 'woman' component given his limited experience.



5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

And you were able to write that tripe in severe heat!
Well done!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Well, copying and pasting mainly.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Still, it's all good practice for you.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I bet there will be lots of comments on your next post!

Anonymous said...

I'm not saying a word.