Wednesday 31 January 2024

MAKING OUR HOUSE PRETTY

 For a while now, The Old Girl and I have been thinking about installing an outdoor painting at the front of the house. We have a few bits and pieces about the property see: HERE but the panel above the French doors to our bedroom is bare and just asking for something nice.



When we took out the old sash windows and installed the new French doors, the builder exposed a set of windows above the sash windows that had been covered up by the panel.


We thought about retaining these but they were in poor condition and it would have been difficult installing the new doors if we did so they had to go and the panel was reinstalled.


I swam about for a while today as it's so hot and contemplated the house from the water.

I concluded that it was about time that we bought and installed the artwork so made my mind up and, in the best tradition of 'the man of the house' - I called The Old Girl for permission.

I didn't want this happening.


I sent her an email first with an image of an outside painting with a  NZ scene inserted to give an impression of how it would look.




She liked the idea - not necessarily the image which is a bit too bright but we agreed to go to the gallery when she gets back from Wellington. 


Something in blues and greens might be the answer.



3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

What about a picture of an angel?
One with no brain?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Ha ha. I was expecting Robert to say that.
Lynn won't approve though, brain or no brain,

Richard (of RBB) said...

Dang!