Thursday 4 January 2024

THE HAPPY CURMUDGEON IN PROGRESS

 I haven't set up the blog yet but have made some headway.

The name will be THE HAPPY CURMUDGEON.

No need to congratulate me on that - I am a marketer after all and am well used to creating brands. I'm so experienced in fact that I won't bother with brand testing via an attitude and usage survey, focus groups and message testing. Like Nike (you see what I did there?) I'll just do it and report to you later.


I think I've got the profile right - I mean, how hard is it? You guys want a happy curmudgeon right? I know that it's an oxymoron but there are enough grumpy curmudgeons in The Curmudgeons Inc.ⓒ so a happy one won't exactly upset the balance. It will keep the old moaners among the readers 'happy' hopefully and off my back.

I do have one important task to complete though - the selection of an image or avatar that suits. This is not a simple exercise as the image carries weight and will be used extensively when writing very popular posts and putting very popular comments on other people's posts.

Look, in the interest of reader involvement here to follow are some possible images/avatars that are under consideration. Please look at these and tell me of your preference.

Avuncular but creepy and has probably just done a 'butler's revenge'.



Looks jovial but - "be careful with that axe Eugene."




Starts off well but might not carry the message
 



I like this one but The Wine Guy might object.



Well. he looks jovial ....

As I said - "Please look at these and tell me of your preference".










4 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

None of the above.
Will the Happy Curmudgeon say nice things about religion?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

You’re thinking of The Dolally Curmudgeon.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I liked the first one or the white haired guy who I've seen a lot of times before.
No religion needed please.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I'll put my choices up, with explanations, on Richard's Bass Bag.*





* the original bass bagging site