Saturday 18 May 2024

SATURDAY AND ALL'S WELL

 It's Saturday afternoon and has been a nice day. I like these winter days where there is blue sky and sunshine but the hint of a chill which becomes real as the sun drops. It reminds me of our time in Christchurch.

I'm going to burn up all the wood in the woodshed this winter so that I can convert it into a toolshed - outdoor garden tools that is.


I should have got a load of wood out today and set a fire in the wood-burner but had to go to the airport to pick up The Old Girl. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow. It may be of course that I'm thinking this because it's cool in the study:

Sorry, wrong context ...

... the study faces to the East so is the coolest room in the late afternoon.

It's all quiet on the blogging front today with only Richard and me writing posts. Maybe Robert is at church. He recently discovered my 'old' church - Saint Mary of the Angels in Boulcott Street where I was christened, attended weekly Mass (as a baby) when we lived in Taranaki Street (for the first time in the 1950s) and attended many family weddings, christenings and funeral services over the years. Even though I'm an atheist I like this church as it sums up for me everything that churches or church buildings should be and have: places of refuge; places of beauty; imposing architecture; some mystery about them. Modern Catholic churches don't do it for me.

You probably want to know - I've pre-prepared dinner - one of The Old Girl's favourites - stuffed potatoes. These are filled with bacon (chicken bacon), spring onion, garlic, tasty cheese, spinach and various condiments - soy sauce, Worcester sauce, chilli sauce, cracked pepper and some herbs. Before cooking/grilling in the oven I'll top with Parmesan cheese. Yummy! I'm sipping a Hawkes Bay chardonnay (Esk Valley) and might open a McDonald's pinot noir later. The Old Girl is drinking a gin and tonic made from The  Botanist gin and East Imperial Burma tonic I had delivered last week for her.






How's your Saturday going?


3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I changed the strings on The Bob. I put Obligatos back on and they seem to suit the bass. La Gloria still has her favourite Evah Pirazzi Weich strings, which she has worn for a while.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Both basses are sounding good.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

It was a rhetorical question not a musical one.