Sunday 18 February 2018

BACK IN THE SADDLE ....

..... sorry, wrong metaphor there, I probably should have said back on the green but anyway I played golf yesterday for the first time since I hurt my knee in November.

It was quite hot even though I left it until mid to late afternoon. I played well hitting some damn good shots which I was happy with after a nearly 3 month break. It soon got too warm though so I abandoned playing and went golf ball hunting instead.




I went down the bank to the same creek where I fell down and did the damage. I daren't tell The Old Girl as she's forbidden me from doing this. I got down without mishap and had a fossick around. The creek was quite high as a result of all the rains we've been having so I had to take my shoes and socks off to wade it. In the past I've just taken a running jump and leapt over but this time, because it was fuller and also because I didn't want to aggravate the knee on which I have an elastic brace, I played safe.

It seems that other golfers hadn't crossed the creek to retrieve their wayward balls and I found twenty new or near new balls all within a few yards of each other. Jackpot! I can add these to the 400 or so others I have in the shed.


2 comments:

Bin Hire said...

I'm telling Lynn. Preparing an email now.

Richard (of RBB) said...

No Bin. When he's climbing around looking for balls, he's not writing silly blogs.