Monday 30 March 2020

BEING PREPARED





I dressed up in my safety outfit this morning and went down the drive to shoo away neighbour Rod and his wife who had come down from the road behind us to go for a swim from our beach.

They got quite a shock on seeing me and - this is true - just as I summoned them the local fire brigade which is just down the road, sounded the emergency siren to call volunteers in for some kind of emergency. It's an old WW2 air raid siren and went well with my outfit.

We had a laugh.

4 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Yes it's all about keeping spirits up but keep that outfit in case you need to go to the super market; do not worry about looking silly because many are not taking it seriously.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

What do you mean silly?

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Well the helmet was a bit silly , really.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Works for me.