Friday 13 March 2020

BEING THERE*

* Not the excellent Hal Ashby film but it does deserve a nod.



Some of the precautions and suggestions to deal with Covid -19 are:

  •  Avoid close contact with people with cold or flu-like illnesses.
  •  Cover coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or clothing.
  • Stay home if you're unwell.
  • Wash hands for at least 20 seconds with water and soap and dry them thoroughly:           -      - - before eating or handling food; after using the toilet; after coughing, sneezing, blowing your nose or wiping children’s noses; after caring for sick people.
  • Self-isolate if you have been traveling overseas or think you have been in contact with someone who has been exposed to Covid-19

Well - have I got news for you.

I do a lot of this anyway.

I'm a hygiene crank and I'm also a bit of a hermit. I'm shy and tend to avoid people that I don't know and am very selective in interacting with people who I do know.

I've been 'self-isolating' for years which has been made easier by the fact that my partner, The Old Girl usually lives and works during the week in other cities and on occasions in other countries leaving me alone 'up North'.

Things that I normally do or don't do include:

  • Avoiding social situations - events, parties, get-togethers and meetings if I can possibly get away with it.
  • Stay home as often as I can (self-isolation)
  • Only travel domestically or internationally if I can't get out of it.
  • Never use public toilets unless absolutely necessary
  • Avoid shaking hands with people unless it's unavoidable
  • Wash my hands as soon as I can if shaking hands with people was unavoidable
  • Carry pocketfuls of paper towel or tissues in case I want to sneeze, cough or blow my nose



Bring it on!


3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Bring it on?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Well, hopefully don't bring it on but you know what I mean.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Do I?