Tuesday 10 March 2020

"TWO WHEELS GOOD, TWO LEGS BAD" *
















Just dandy!

Pedestrians in the major cities have been putting up with idiot scooter riders over the last year or so and now some dickheads in government (most likely cyclists) want to change the laws to allow wheeled vehicles on footpaths.
This is just ridiculous.

It's part of a raft of possible changes including imposing a 15 km/h hour speed limit and a 75cm width limit on all wheeled transport using the footpath - including e-scooters.
15 km/h! That's enough to do someone serious damage if hit from behind unawares. What's wrong with some people!

"Riders would have to give way to pedestrians and people in wheelchairs." Yeah right - that won't happen. It's bad enough now when it's illegal. Give these bastards the right to ride on pedestrian footpaths and good luck policing them for speed and courtesy.

Fuck 'em I say.*




* And I have a bike which I ride where it's safe on the road. I don't ride on footpaths.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually this is a really good post and one that I am in complete agreement with. I like your tone.

- Richard (of RBB)

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Yes it is written with sincerity and empathy.

Richard (of RBB) said...

So some fuckwit decided to comment for me. Thanks fuckwit.

I am not a fan of cyclists and obviously have to agree with The Curmudgeon. I've seen these fuckwits on footpaths enough to see that they are just the same as they are one the roads.
"This is my right! Get out of my way!"

I'd say never trust anyone in lycra or with a pocket on their bum.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Cyclists are like flies in your kitchen.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

So, you don't like cyclists then.
What's your position on scooter riders?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Scooter riders are like drunk cyclists.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Scooters, electric cycles, cyclists are always pleasant and we happily share the stop bank!
I only see children cycling on the footpath and I am careful when backing out of my driveway.
P.S. I didn't write the anon comment.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Well Robert, you should get out more.
Walk along Lambton Quay, Willis Street, Queen Street, Karangahape Road or Ponsonby Road sometime and you will see what Richard and I are referring to.