Friday 15 May 2020

GETTING IT UP

I'm finally doing something about the crappy lighting we have in the snooker room. The high chandelier lights don't provide sufficient lighting for the table.



I went to Lighting Direct yesterday and bought a set of 3 pendant lights that will do the trick.


I have the electrician coming in soon to replace a light switch so I'll get him to put in the snooker table lights.

We have very high ceilings in this house - over 12 ft so getting up to the ceiling isn't easy.
I've had an excellent Gorilla multi-stepladder for a few years and have found this to be very useful.
I went to Bunnings this morning (the Old Girl gets trade discount there through a work arrangement) and purchased another, slightly bigger Gorilla multi ladder and an extendable aluminium plank.
I set these up over the snooker table to see if the ceiling will be reachable.




It is and the platform will work but ........ the problem is me.

I've never had a problem with heights in the past and, when young, would cheerfully climb up scaffolding on the sides of buildings, trees, cliffs and onto rooftops. Since having the stroke though my sense of balance has been affected and I don't have the confidence that I used to have.
I climbed up on the plank and was able to reach to the ceiling but felt a bit wobbly. I can't see me being able to balance a set of lights to screw these in so I'm just hoping that the electrician has a good head for heights.

If not I'll have to get a cat to help.




2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

You be careful old fella.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I'm a little concerned that those pendant lights will not have a long enough chord and I worry that they might just give three circles of illumination leaving a pot into the end corner on a black ball shadowy.