Friday 22 May 2020

JOB DONE*

The electrician called around early this morning and we affixed the new snooker-room lights to the ceiling.

It makes a huge difference to the illumination of the table so I'm looking forward to trying it out at night.




The Old Girl and I will have a pool challenge tomorrow evening.
This is a regular event accompanied by a bottle of Champagne or Deutz sparkling.

The three lamp idea is just right for this room and table.

I'm happy.

I dismantled the 'Heath Robinson' scaffolding I built and got Rod to help me to return the plank to the neighbour down the road.



This time I made Rod walk in single file so we were able to keep to the side of the road. This was just as well as a car came along when we were halfway there.


Heath Robinson invention



*When the cords stretch out a bit I'll see about evening them up by use of a clip.

4 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

'The Old Girl and I will have a pool challenge tomorrow evening.'

Everyone knows women just want to do women things.

If you really wanted a pool challenge you would invite a real man like … Richard to play you.*




*He has been known to cheat.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Mmmm - making a joke of sorts I hope.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Well no. I'd put my money on Richard winning and kicking your arse in any challenge.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

That would not happen and if you were a rational person you would know that.