Monday 4 May 2020

BLOODY RATS AGAIN

Where I live, people on Neighbourly are commenting how rats are invading their sheds, barns and roofs. The bountiful food product after a great summer is to blame and now that it's getting cooler, rats are finding hideaways in the said sheds, barns and roofs.

The black rats are tree dwellers and seek higher places. Last week we heard scuttling in the roof so I had to get some bait.

This proved to be difficult under Lockdown rules but with Level-3 freeing up hardware stores, albeit for order and collect, I was able to get some bait. The problem was that the on-line ordering system highlighted a few items and not the usual one I buy. I just assumed that it wasn't available so ordered another, more expensive product.



I put some of this in the roof space last week - a hell of a job as I've reported before: HERE  and HERE

Today's Monday so the poison has been up there for 5 days. We've noticed that the scuttling sounds had reduced but last night we heard some more.
I got up into the roof space again this morning to check the bait. Some had been consumed but not much. The bulk was untouched. Obviously the KIWICARE product isn't much to the rats liking.

I went back on-line and first searched for the name of the product that I've used before and trust before going to Mitre 10 on-line. The product is STORM which sounds a lot more robust than wimpy KIWICARE.

Sounds powerful even if it is delivered by a guy wearing skimpy underpants and stockings

On the Mitre 10 on-line page I typed in the name STORM rather than using their recommended choices and there it was. I ordered a bucket and will collect it tomorrow.






TAKE THAT YOU DIRTY RAT!


1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Maybe I should have got my notebook from Mitre 10.