Sunday 31 May 2020

SUNDAY

The Old Girl went to Wellington on Tuesday so I've been 'baching' again.

The place is a tip so today, as my sister and family are coming around to play snooker, I've been doing housework.




With The Old Girl away though I'm not going to get any brownie points.

"Of course they say that a woman's work is never done ...............

Maybe that's why they get paid less."


          - Sean Lock joke.


******************* 

It's been 'a game of two halves' this weekend.
Yesterday it was Summer and today it's winter.



Yesterday I spent a few hours in the garden before playing golf in the afternoon. The day was warm, sunny, windless and beautiful.
Today we're being buffeted by a storm bringing heavy rain and the temperature has dropped.
Go figure.

I'm baking an apricot and walnut loaf for afternoon tea when the snooker players come around.
It's a good day for being indoors.

5 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Be interesting to hear the scores. Hope you have a great time.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I think TC may have lost.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No.
Pete, my niece's husband and I won the challenge.

Here's a pic of me making up the rules as I go along so that I can beat my pregnant niece (she is a sort of barmaid as she owns a cafe/winebar).

IMG_6009.jpg

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Mmmm .... that didn't work.
How do you insert an image into a comment?

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

It uses the same logic as two people winning a snooker game. How many niece's were there?