Saturday 30 May 2020

ROBERT'S GONE AGAIN

I wrote a comment about Robert last night and, reading it this morning I noticed a slight poetical quality to it.

I decided to trim the comment a bit and to rewrite it in poem form.*


Robert's gone again
The conflict was a bit too much.
His saviour had just arrived
The result of a National Putsch.
Todd Muller was Robert's dream
 Catholic and Trump man through and through.
He of course was not what he seemed
But, never-mind, he's still true blue.
Then something awful happened
Jacinda came to Robert's work
She was kind and dampened his reactionary view.
           He felt a bit of a berk. 
He wanted to follow Todd but then,
Jacinda made more sense.
"I love her. I hate her. What to do?"
He cried "Should I jump the fence?"
He thought of god and began to pray
........................... but then,
Like Judas he slunk away
          Robert's gone again.









* With apologies to William McGonagal

1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Come over to my blog and learn how to write a post.