Sunday 24 January 2021

AND NOW FOR THE NEWS

 Well, Donald Trump has moved on and hopefully disappearing into Palm Beach Florida retirement like many other aged wealthy New Yorkers.

Good riddance!

The problem, for me, is that watching American news won't be as much fun (also not as frustrating) as it's been for the last 4 or 5 years.
I've been interested in world politics most of my life but ever since Trump came to the American political forefront I've read and watched events daily on the major and minor American news channels both the serious ones and the satirical ones. See here:

AMERICAN NEWS

It's been like watching a slow motion train wreck - interesting but horrible.

What now though? I'm sort of pleased that Biden has replaced Trump although a better Democrat president would have been preferred and I'm looking forward to the new administration bringing some sense back into America's place in the world, and a proper buffer to China, Russia, North Korea, Turkey, Iran, Saudi Arabia and other nasties expansionist plans. I won't be reading, watching and listening to events daily though. I won't be alone in this so I guess that the American, and some international news entities will do a bit of a starve after the boom times they've had (like supermarkets during COVID-19 lockdowns).


*********************


You might have noticed that I give Robert a bit of stick on his blog ROBERT THE UNFORTUNATE SINNER but, on writing the above it occurred to me that if Robert did see sense and abandon that silly catholic religion then he wouldn't bang on about it in his blogs and I'd have nothing to get all uptight about. What would I have to make scathing comments on? Commercial cleaning? Trade Me purchasing? Home maintenance? Beer? No. It would be pretty boring. Hang in there Robert otherwise I won't be able to post video links like this:

CAMPING

1 comment: