Tuesday 26 January 2021

TOO DARN HOT

 I wasn't going to insert a link to the obvious music clip but hey! It's too good to miss.


IT'S TOO DARN HOT - ELLA FITZGERALD


The very talented Cole Porter wrote this for his musical Kiss Me, Kate and this rendition by Ella Fitzgerald is, for me, the best. Lovely stuff.

Yes, it's hot up here today. Blue sky and sunshine but also a warm wind that makes everyone uncomfortable.

I played tennis this morning before the breeze came up but we had to drive into town this afternoon. Having the house closed up in this weather means that it gets very hot inside (26 degrees in the house and nearly 40 degrees in the roof according to the HRV sensor). I've opened all the doors and some windows but, as I said, the breeze is warm.

On the weekend I contacted via the internet a heat pump installer to arrange installation of a couple of Mitsubishi units (Mitsubishi is best). As expected I haven't heard back from them after two days which is par for the course up here. Tradesmen and suppliers must be making too much money or they are more interested in the fishing and swimming lifestyle rather than take on new contracts. Pissed off, I contacted Mitsubishi direct and, within a few hours got an acknowledgement that they had sent my request to their authorised Northland agent - you guessed it - the same slackers I contacted on the weekend.


Yeah right!





5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

God (who doesn't exist), I love that song! Peggy Lee does a wonderful rendition. I need to go back and read your post now.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Never mind, the music was great!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

At least you, unlike Robert, allows non-musically educated people to appreciate good music.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

The post was rubbish - I know that but, it was too darn hot!

Richard (of RBB) said...

"At least you, unlike Robert, allows non-musically educated people to appreciate good music."
Please keep an eye on that grammar.

People who think they are 'musically educated' don't necessarily have a better appreciation of music. The same applies to art and literature. Most often the person who listens and appreciates extensively has the better handle on quality. Understanding a bit of technical stuff is good for playing music but it won't open up your ears. To understand music you need to listen.