Monday 25 January 2021

THE BLIND LEADING THE BLIND

 Thank heaven for young people.*

Although the 'snowflakes' piss me off sometimes at least they know their way around technology. Sure, they won't be able to build a communication and entertainment system out of some string, tin cans, No 8 wire and an axe like we could  if there is an apocalypse or even just  an internet failure, but, given that it's unlikely to happen,  it's useful having them around.



THERE WERE NO YOUNG PEOPLE AROUND LAST NIGHT WHEN THEY WERE NEEDED!

Mike, Tony, Richard and I joined on a ZOOM call last night. What a misnomer that is. It was more like a SHUFFLE call. The call, organised by Mike for 40 minutes duration took the first 35 minutes with each of the old duffers trying to configure their screens to see themselves or the others.


"Where are you?"

"I can only see Richard and it's bloody awful"

"I'm in the dark here"

"Turn the light on"

"I can only see Mike's e-mails"

"What's this button for?"

"What?"

"Speak up."

Why is everything so small?"

"Help! Richard just filled my whole screen."


You get the gist.


Just when things seemed to be sorted and a conversation was going the call timed out and couldn't be reconnected.


I think that Mike should stick to writing novels.
















* No, not a quote by one of Robert's catholic priests.

2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I'm sure I read most of this over on my blog.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Well, the Janet and John reader version anyway.