Saturday 30 January 2021

MY PROBLEM TODAY

 There's a big clean-up happening at our place today.

People are coming to dinner this evening so the house has to be tidy.

I set about my duties with gusto and managed to very quickly smash two crystal Champagne flutes that used to belong to The Old Girl's mother. That went down well!

"Don't forget to vacuum behind the chairs and under the couch" she said

WTF! If these people are going to move our furniture around to check underneath I don't think I want them coming around.

The tidy-up according to The Old Girl is what I would consider to be deep cleansing after a COVID-19 outbreak - or worse! The cleaning extended to both bathrooms, the study, our bedroom, spare bedrooms, the snooker room, the other end of the house, the porch and - the deck!

All this for a few hours of entertaining.

I'm already shagged out. I decided to check the blogs for a break.




4 comments:

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Bloody hell!
After I did all the vacuuming she decided to do it over again!
I went outside and used the line trimmer on weeds and then washed the car.
I'm not doing any more and am now watching the Prada Cup.

Richard (of RBB) said...

If you didn't dribble on the floor in your bathroom that would have saved a job.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

That's rude.

Richard (of RBB) said...

No. Just giving advice.