Saturday 23 January 2021

THE GRAMMAR POLICE

 



I live with an ex school teacher. The Old Girl, many years ago used to be an intermediate school teacher and often uses her teacher's discipline, correction and training on me. I can recognise when I'm being herded railroaded directed into doing the 'right thing'. She also corrects my grammar from time to time but fortunately doesn't read my blogs.

Richard, another ex school teacher, who fortunately I don't live with also likes to correct my grammar - and Robert's grammar (a full-time occupation there) and everyone else's grammar. He's been known to alert shopkeepers and business owners of the misspellings on their external signs, an offer that I'm sure goes appreciated.



Here's an example of his interfering:



Annoying isn't it?

2 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Errors my grandma makes are almost always accidental.

It's pithy to go on about typos.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Well I just hope that someone cleans up after her.