Saturday 2 January 2021

SWIM TIME

 Surprisingly today was the first swim that I've had this season.

.


I guess going to Wellington each month of Spring and early Summer meant lost opportunities when the weather was good. We did have some crappy weather before Christmas.

Today it's been a cracker though with a lovely sunny morning. There was no wind and the water was still. After her walk and run The Old Girl suggested we go for a swim. As we had just had an early lunch I said we should wait for a half hour. After a half hour the sky clouded over and the wind came up. The water was getting choppy.

"I'm thinking twice about that swim." I said. "I'm delicate."

"You're just a big fucking wuss." she said which I thought was a bit rude.

Spurred on by this I joined her in a swim but we didn't stay in for long. I'll wait for another windless and calm day.

After a shower though* the wind has dropped and the sun has come out again.


Go figure.






* I don't think that I've done a posting on our showers. I'll have to correct that with a new series.



1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Look, I'll do anything you ask. I'll even drive up regularly and mow your lawns and clean your toilet. All I ask please is no shower series.