Monday 21 February 2022

IRONY

 Like many others I'm pissed off at the goings on in Wellington with anti-vax, anti-mandate and anti-just about- everything- else protesters camping out on Parliament grounds, making a real mess and behaving like idiots. I'm also pissed off at the weak response to this from Government, Wellington Council and the Police. They should have immediately removed the tossers on the first day as soon as they contravened standing laws by camping out on the government grounds.

Now we are waiting for a response from the Police that will be violent and will play right into the hands of the organisers who probably hope that a baby gets bashed. Arseholes!

The cartoonist Slane has created some great cartoons on this but the latest, in the NZ Listener really nails it:



What better way of locking up this feral lot in a cage than letting them do it to themselves.


Cheers Slane!

3 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I'm in disbelief why anyone, apart from those living nearby, give a toss. I'm concerned with the health of my wife. Earning enough to pay the bills. Keeping up my daily prayers. Saving enough to pay my taxes.
How do people find time to be concerned with these minor events in another city?

Richard (of RBB) said...

That's a great cartoon. I was in Petone the other day and saw a poor bugger get a ticket, in a back street, because he was parked on a yellow line. I bet he wished he had parked in Molesworth St. These wankers and village idiots camped in and around Parliament are a threat to democracy and some of them are doing really revolting things. Mark my words, this 'victory over authority' will give other low lifes ideas. What will be their next cause? Bring Trump to NZ?

They said of the holocaust that it was hugely aided by those who did nothing to stop it.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I agree with Richard.
I'm appalled by Robert's comments on this.
The 'ostrich mentality' is exactly what the attackers of democracy and conspiracy theorists want.