Friday 18 February 2022

AND THE CURMUDGEON WAS A VERY SILLY FELLOW.

 I played a few holes of golf (yes, there will be a post on this) on my way into town this morning.

When I arrived at Mitre 10 I put on my mask, grabbed my wallet and looked about for my phone. I couldn't see it on the passenger seat. It wasn't in my pocket so I looked under the seats. No phone.

I got out of the car, opened the rear hatch door and looked in my golf bag. No phone. I could only assume that I'd dropped it in the golf course car park and would have to call in on the way home to have a look.

I got back in the car and had an idea. I turned on the Blue Tooth function on the radio display and pressed the 'make a call' button. Sure enough the telephone address book was on display which meant that my phone was nearby. I had a further look under the seats and then got out of the car to open the 'boot' and search the golf bag again. At this point I noticed my phone. It was on top of the car.

This is a re-enactment

The phone was on top of the car


I could hardly believe it. I'd travelled nearly 20 kms from the golf club to Mitre 10, on windy, hilly roads and at mostly100kph. The leather cover on the phone must have 'stuck' to the top pf the car.

I quickly retrieved it before customers in the car park noticed and went in to Mitre 10 to buy garden border items and pins to complete my paving job (yes, there will be a post on this) and window cleaning squeegees (yes, there will be a post on this).

This isn't the first time that I've misplaced my phone. See: NIGHT GOLFING where I left my phone outside at the golf club and managed to retrieve it late at night.


Doolally?




Me?


Of course not although The Old Girl said differently.

2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Old man.

Richard (of RBB) said...

You might need to send your 3P pass back to Father Bliss. It's the one with 1966 on it. You can still get into bars and restaurants without it.