Friday 11 February 2022

RICHARD WILL BE AWAY FOR FIVE DAYS ......RICHARD .... YOU KNOW, RICHARD OF RICHARD'S BASS BAG, NO NOT BRASS BLOB ... BASS BAG ....RICHARD'S BASS BAG .... OH NEVER MIND

 

I was going to create a new blog titled THE FILL-IN RICHARD'S BASS BAG but then realised that the original one only attracts two readers and lately has ceased to be regularly updated. Going to all that trouble to create a blog for use when Richard is away didn't make sense. He said that he's going away for 5 days which is just about the time lag between his posts anyway. I don't know why he bothered telling us.

Instead, I looked at his blog - I know, I know - and saw that he had created a blog titled THE FILL IN CURMUDGEON. This has never had posts written for it which is no real surprise. Under a rather fetching image he found for me he has written: 

"I'm in business when The Curmudgeon is away on business."

I say that it is no surprise that he hasn't written any posts as the (fill in) Curmudgeon as to do so would require having popular themes, having done some research (copying and pasting will do) and  writing a post in a witty and well thought out essay style. On that note I can safely say that we will never see Robert creating a THE FILL IN CURMUDGEON blog.


Moving on.

If I had created a blog and then bothered to write a post that would enthral readers I would have done so with a popular theme, having done some research (copying and pasting will do) and  written a post in a witty and well thought out essay style. Frankly - life's too sort.

I don't want any of Richard's readers (me plus one) to go away totally unsatisfied though so here's a synopsis of what might have been.

"It's happening near Napier, so I'll be away for five days - I'm taking my guitar so that I can keep my practice up. Blah blah blah guitar blah blah blah strings blah blah blah plectrum blah blah blah Robert* blah blah blah.

Motel blah blah blah toilet blah blah blah boring blah blah blah Napier blah blah blah chardonnay blah blah blah unlabelled blah blah blah party blah blah blah they bloody didn't want me to play guitar so I went out and stayed in the car for the rest of the evening blah blah blah Shelley blah blah Ouch blah blah blah.

Napier blah blah blah tailgaters blah blah blah Dannevirke blah blah blah Eketahuna blah blah blah Masterton blah blah blah Moera (just kidding) blah blah blah home."

 

 * To sustain Robert's interest in posts I've noticed that it's essential to mention his name at least once.








4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I thought you might need someone to comment.

This comment comes to you from Clive.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks Clive.

Richard (of RBB) said...

No probs mate.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

It sounds like you've been out in the provinces too long. You'd best get back to the city where you belong.