Thursday 10 February 2022

THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING

 I had an active day today with tennis, school patrol training and golf.

At golf apart from finding several good golf balls I also found a $5 note on a fairway. That was a treat. Admittedly $5 doesn't buy you much nowadays compared to say, 1962 when £2 and 10 shillings would have seemed a fortune but it's not often that you find currency notes. I was most pleased.

I'm feeling a bit achy probably from the golf as it was bloody hot out there on the course. I can't have a hot bath though because we have no hot water. The hot water cylinder has stopped making hot water.   I've researched on-line and, as our cylinder doesn't have a reset s button and has an automatic reset mechanism I've had to try the old 'switch off and on at the wall and turn the fuse off and on' trick. I'll find out in the morning whether this has worked or not.

If not I'll have to get a tradesman in. This is trickier than you might think as, with hot water cylinders, do you call a plumber or an electrician? I'll call an electrician first - probably about a half dozen of them until I find one who will actually call around to check things out. If that doesn't fix things then it'll be a plumber and then, most likely, go on a wait list for a new cylinder. Bummer. It's lucky that it's summer.


2 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

That's a bummer about your hot water. It's a small consolation that the ocean is warm to swim in.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

We could avoid the necessity of washing clothes by going commando like you do.