Sunday 2 October 2022

HE'LL NEVER BE GOING TO HEAVEN

Being a Sunday it's appropriate to give some thought to things churchy and religious.
The thing that comes to mind is the fact according to Robert, that Richard isn't going to heaven, he's going to hell because he's a blasphemer, doesn't go to church on Sundays and is an atheist.
I adapted a rather well-known pop/rock/folk song to lament this:


There's a teacher who's old
And has been frequently told
That he'll never be going to heaven
His brother's heard tell
That he's going to hell
And of this constantly reminds him

He was once a good lad
Making Catholics glad
But has gone off the rails now completely
And now there's no way back
They won't cut him some slack
Off to hell he'll have to go - meekly

Ooh, it makes me wonder
Ooh, it makes me wonder

If you regret your life, it's too late, don't look back now
You've made your bed so you can lie in it
You should've sucked up to and eaten Jesus like Rob does
He'll be up there looking down on you.

And it makes me wonder




2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Hey, good song. I'll play it for you some time soon.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Dear old Satan is the accuser not me. "The thing that comes to mind is the fact according to Robert, that Richard isn't going to heaven, he's going to hell because he's a blasphemer, doesn't go to church on Sundays and is an atheist."
Post the comment or blog where I said that, and I will apologize and take it back!
Richard is a kind and much-loved brother!
I do not know who is going to heaven, let alone hell.