Saturday 8 October 2022

SORTED - SORT OF.

 The women's world cup rugby tournament begins today.


No doubt Robert will be doubly appalled at:

  1. People playing silly games instead of praying and going to Mass.
  2. The people are women who should be at home caring for their husbands.
Being an organised chap, yesterday I went on-line to buy a Sky Sport streaming pass. I buy weekly passes ($20) to watch major events like cricket, soccer and rugby internationals.  As the world cup tournament runs across 5 weeks I decided to buy a monthly pass at $40 and, when this runs out planned to buy the extra weekly pass to make up the 5 weeks. This would save $40. Job done.


I then went to the site, logged in and searched for the schedule.

There was no schedule for women's world cup rugby.

I went back to the internet and did a search. Sky Sport, which features men's international rugby is not covering the women's events.

Bugger!

Another search informed me that Spark Sport does.

Bugger!

My experience with negotiating Spark's website isn't good. Their website is crap. Sure enough it took many attempts to get what I wanted - a monthly pass. This admittedly is way cheaper than Sky Sport at $20 a month so, running into 2 months worth for the games will cost $40. I'll just have to remember to cancel the automatic re-billing that they and many other bastard service providers use as  a way of catching the unwary.

Job done - or so I thought. I checked the streaming options and discovered that it (still) won't recognise my smart tv so will have to watch on the newer model at the rear of the house or on the computer in the study.

Oh well, it looks like, in addition to watching the rugby this month I'll be watching golf, cricket and tiddlywinks on Sky Sport to get my money's worth.



2 comments:

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I watched the France vs South Africa game and now the England vs Fiji game is about to start. NZ vs Australia later this evening. Rugby's the winner!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Wow!
I feel like I've played 3 games of rugby just from watching.
England are powerful and no wonder they are rated at number one and obliterated Fiji but New Zealand, after a slow start saw the pesky Aussies off right smart.
This is promising to be a great event.,