Sunday 9 October 2022

WASHED UP AT THE BAY*

 * No, not me.


'It was a dark and stormy night'  and this morning I woke to see this on the beach out in front of our house.



I head some thumping noises in the early hours and got up to look around the house but didn't notice anything. It must have been the yacht bumping ashore.

I notice on Neighbourly that others have seen and reported it.


It's not the first time that a boat has been grounded along our beach and it won't be the last.




The Niagara liner was sunk by a mine at the entrance to the heads not far from us in 1940

Maybe I should take up salvage as a hobby.


3 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Reminds me of that Australian program on sky "Salvage hunters".
They turn up with all their big trucks but there is a hiccup. The boat has filled with sand. The cable always breaks. There are sharks in the water. Night approaches and they must have the boat removed from the nature reserve by midnight! Then someone comes up with a clever plan to use the biggest truck and pull it slowly.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

OK. I think I'll reconsider

THE CURMUDGEON said...

There was a lot of interest in the yacht today with people checking it out.
I watched a couple of guys closely as they seemed dodgy and I half expected them to reappear when it gets dark (there are valuable things aboard boats). I charged up my camera in case it was needed later to take photos of number plates and miscreants.
In the afternoon an official looking guy arrived and spent a lot of time replacing a mooring line, checking the hull and going out to the mooring where the yacht had broken free from. The tide is coming in now and the yacht will slowly right itself.

All good.