Friday 28 October 2022

"ON THAT COLD AND WINDY DAY"

 



I got a haircut today.


This is an improvement on before........


...... where I was becoming a bit unkempt.

It's been a few months since I've had a haircut as I'm forever putting it off. I hate sitting in the barber chair listening to stuff from someone I have nothing in common with while they snip away. Todays barber was a woman who believes that Jacinda Ardern is a communist, that Covid is overrated and that it'll be great when National got back in power.

To be honest I didn't converse much with her but listened to the conversation she was having with a previous customer - a big, fat, objectionable, rich fascist racist. I just about walked out but it seems that this is a very busy time for barbers (leading up to Christmas and after winter) so stayed. First thing this morning I went to my 'regular' barber but all the waiting seats were full and there were people waiting to get in. I went away for an hour (Mitre 10, Countdown and The Warehouse (to return a piece of crap wireless mouse and keyboard). When I returned all the waiting seats were full and there were people waiting to get in which is why I drove off down to the one that cut my hair. That place was also full and I had to wait for 50 minutes listening to drivel that, no doubt, Robert would have enjoyed and bought into.

I've been trying to find a hair cutting tool that I can use at home to cut my own hair but have had no luck so far. I bought  a hunk of junk on-line ($24) that doesn't work at all. I was looking for a razor comb like I remember from the 1960s. It was a simple plastic comb with a razor blade in it that you could buy from McKenzies. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be on the market anymore.


I might have to buy this from the pet store.





1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Well, you look very handsome in the photo.

Robert will love you!