Sunday 30 October 2022

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

 This morning I was browsing through my old secondary school magazines:

The Patrician

I have 5 of these covering my secondary schooling from 1966 through 1970.

Just before putting them back on the bookshelf I looked at the advertisements in the back. These were pretty much the same over all 5 years so the 'advertising manager' on the school magazine committee didn't push the boat out much. In addition to the expected ads for school stationery, sporting equipment, confectionery and shoe polish there are useless ones for cement products, cars, building materials, real estate and carpet cleaners. What really cracks me up though are these ones:














Maybe the 'advertising manager' was a wannabe, alcoholic priest who played for the other team.

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I see you've learnt Robert's trick for keeping down grammar and spelling mistakes.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I see you've learnt Robert's trick for keeping down grammar and spelling mistakes.

Richard (of RBB) said...

There you go, two comments for the price of one.

Now three.