Thursday 24 November 2022

ARE THEY SORRY?

 Richard and Robert are both confused as to the name of a nun who taught them back in Primary school.

See in this post :SISTER MARY

Fortunately the Sisters of Mercy have a prayer that they can say:

PRAYER FOR KIDS WHO ARE SORRY

"God, if I were lost in a fieId of tall weeds at night, would you help me? If I cried “Help!” would you turn on some heavenly searchlight and show me the way out?
Sometimes I do something wrong, I feel like I’m lost in the weeds out in the dark. The more afraid I get, the more I end up walking in circles. I try to hide how frightened I am, but you know.
Thank you, God, for understanding when I get lost in fear and sin. I’m sorry for the wrong things I’ve done, and I want to do better. With your help I know I can. Thank you for always welcoming me home when I’ve been lost in the weeds. Amen"

OK, that would probably do for the next time they get lost in the weeds

If they were to get scared by being lost in the weeds they could always tack on this prayer as well:

"My God, will belong to you forever. Teach me to trust in you because I know you love me and will always be near me.
Help me always to obey you though it’s hard. Take from my heart all fear.
Help me never to be sad, but always joyful, knowing that you are my God and that someday I will be with you in Heaven.
Amen"
The Sisters of Mercy have most things covered and also have a Suspice:


I think that covers it. Thanks Sister Mary Catherine.

No comments: